Sunday, July 24, 2011

I made it to 85!

Well now that WoW has let go of my brain for a little bit, I suppose I can sit down and write a blog about it. Yes, because while it has released it's vice like grip on me, it still sits in the corner, giving me the eye. Anyway, 7 months after expansion pack release, I have hit the level cap. It felt awesome. Would have felt more awesome of someone had actually been awake to see it happen. But whatever. I dinged 85 and I promptly passed out. Now I have hit the level cap conundrum. What am I to do now?

Of course there are the obvious answers of "Go and get yourself some gear!" and I have to say that I was a bit resistant to that, at first. I am not entirely sure what my issue is when it comes to dungeons. I ran them all the time in Burning Crusade and then suddenly, I cracked. I didn't want to touch another dungeon. I didn't want to see another raid. They were just long, painful, arduous things. I would just rather forget them all together. But now that WoW has changed so many things, I am wondering if running dungeons are less painful.

But my brain starts wigging out the moment I think about it with a whole bunch of, "You don't know the fights. What if you end up being a huntard? What if you wipe the group? They will yell at you!" and it kind of paralyzes me. So instead, I went into some Battlegrounds. Surprisingly, those were really fun. I like the fact that they were timed and we didn't have to stay in there forever. I like that you can get in, fight, and get out without feeling like your entire life is spent in one encounter. I'm sure that I will get over my dungeon slump. Until, battlegrounds so I can get my welfare epics.

But what were my non-obvious answers to what I was going to do now that I'm post-85? Well, it was time to hit up everything that I skipped over in my quest to hit the level cap. First, I was going to work on First Aid. Don't know about anyone else, but those Firelands dailies can be brutal and there are times when I need a band-aid. However, I sold all the cloth I found early on and never bothered leveling First Aid. Now it is time to rectify that. Cloth in the auction house is ridiculous (which is why I was selling it), so I either part with my dailies money or go and find it myself.

I want to level fishing, just because. I guess it is something that I enjoy about the game. Just standing there, catching virtual fish to cook later. I think it goes back to my rp tavern running days. I actually enjoyed doing things like that. So all of my characters must have maxed fishing levels. It is going to take a little bit to max out fishing however. When one of the patches came through and I didn't have to feed my pet to make it happy, I didn't have a reason to fish any more. Just press Mend Pet and keep it moving. Now I fish just to make the different cooking recipes.

That's the next thing. I have decided that I am going to make several of the Feast recipes from WotLK and put them in the guild bank. Might come in handy when we have those rp events where everyone just sits down and talks. Yeah, it's a silly prop and we could just rp the food that is there, but I want to do this and so I am doing it. Gathering the ingredients will take some time, but heck, I'm 85. I have all the time in the world.

So my list continues on with things of that nature. Leveling secondary professions, farming up things for the auction house for a little side cash in case I find some big ticket item I want, explore things that I left behind in Outland, blah blah blah. Just ways of making sure that the game doesn't get old and boring for me too quickly. I'm not ready to jump in and level alts yet. Sure they are fun to play around on, but no one else is getting to 85 in the near future.

Part of me would love to transfer my mage over, seeing how she is 83 and just collecting dust. Having two 85's would be nice. But I am not going to throw out money for the transfer and the faction switch. I will just have to have another 85 the hard way. Also, I am still not feeling the mage.

So yeah, that's it for my WoW ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment