Thursday, July 14, 2011

Daily Write - A Single Person

Too small, Insignificant, Not enough
These are the fearful words that I hear every day
Spilling from the trembling lips of those who are afraid
Afraid they can't do anything to rattle these cages


Those wavering eyes that look and wish
A being that yearns to be able to change, something, anything
But I only hear, If only things were different


If only I had more
If only I were more
If only I had become more, done more
If only, if only, if only
These are the words that I hear every day.


Feet stilled by fear of a belief
A belief that being just a person has made you insignificant
That you are incapable of changing this place where we all sit
Because somehow being simply a person is not enough


Every day, I hear this fear swirling about me from the trembling lips of those who are afraid
Flecks of sands in desert, how dare we dream outside of confines we can never break
How dare we wish to fashion something better, larger, bigger
We are too small, insignificant, not enough


I am but a person. Simple, small, not enough
Plagued  by fears, if onlys, and the human condition
Marred by jaded imperfections and short comings.
But I will dare to challenge this world. Because there is something larger than my fear of not being enough
What happens to those who are waiting?
Waiting for someone to scream at the sky. And we keep our mouths closed?

No comments:

Post a Comment