Sunday, August 7, 2011

Post 85 Activities (WoW Stuffs)

So, I found some things to entertain myself with recently. And now I am going to share them on this blog. So of course, the thing to do right now is run around the Firelands and do dailies. Sneaky Blizzard, making you do a quest chain to open up the dailies. And then having you gather marks from those dailies to open up more dailies. I am just waiting for them to ask me to sign over my first born. (Which most of us would actually consider depending on the loot. Don't lie). So let me tell you about one of those quests which made me want to send my fist through the screen.

For those of you who play, the quest is called Enduring the Heat. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain. You get asked to run inside of this fire cave and you have to stomp out 8 runes. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. Fire elementals are swarming that place like flies on rotting meat, all waiting for you to enter and try your luck. And they hit like trucks. Especially when a large group decides to jump your ass like some gang initiation. This was not the frustrating part. The frustrating part was the fact that I could only find 7 of the 8 runes and was usually running to my death to find the 8th one. 4 deaths later, I found that 8th rune tucked in a corner. This let's you know just how much Blizzard loves to mess with us. Yeah, that rune you are looking for...on the ground behind that pile of rocks, behind you. Just want to see how many times you die before you decided to hop over that way. Let's just say, I am extremely grateful that I don't have to do that particular quest again.

Aside from Firelands, I have decided to visit the Argent Tournament. I never did that during Wrath. I only had one 80 and then ended up taking a very long hiatus from WoW due to school. (Stupid school). I'm only doing it now for the Dragonhawk mount, really. One of my guildies has one and I want one as well. Not sure how long it will take me to get it, but it's a goal. Nothing really exciting to say about this chain of quests so far. I just got started, so it is basically simple things. Or I just might be spoiled by the chaotic fray that is the Firelands daily quests.

I started PvPing, just as something to do. You really can't wipe a PvP group, so I never have that anxiety of "I don't know what I'm doing" *nervously chew nails*. Whoever had the grand idea of putting time limits on Battlegrounds deserves a kiss. That is what I used to hate, previously. You could be in one battleground forever before a side would win. Now it's "complete before time runs out" and it is best. I picked up my first piece of PvP gear yesterday. I don't think I have ever gotten PvP gear before. By the time I had enough honor to purchase anything, I had already gotten something out of the raid that was just as good if not better. So actually getting to buy something was pretty awesome.

I had at first decided that I was going to trade my honor points for Justice points in order to get PvE gear. But then it thought about it. I should get PvP gear, since that is what I'm doing. Let me not try to fool myself into thinking that I am going to be doing any dungeons or raids soon. Let's just go with what is in front of me right now. And if I get my full PvP set, then I can start dumping my honor into Justice points.

So this and role playing has been about all that I have been doing. So far, so good. I am working on a mini storyline for my character to rp out. I just haven't figured out how to make it involve everyone just yet. I think I can have the spot light on me for a little bit, just so long as I don't bore people to death. I will probably sit down and write some things out and figure out how to make things interactive. I like the way my guild does rp events, so I want to incorporate as much of that as I possibly can. Plus, it would be my first mini story that didn't involve everyone sitting around a table and just talking.

So yeah, that ends my WoW adventure talk for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment