Thursday, July 28, 2011

Doing everything but...

So it is that time again. Time where I engage in everything except for what I am actually supposed to be doing. It is like my brain went on vacation and has not decided when it wants to come back. Actually it has decided, and that time is NEVER. My brain is literally taken over by things that shouldn't rank so high in priority right now. All I can really think about is the many creative ventures that I have picked up over the years. I want to write. I want to draw. I want to read books. I want to do everything except study and focus on being a med student. You would think that would be of some importance to me. But no, somehow improving my art skills and penning my next short story just seem way more important.

I think if I put myself back on some semblance of a schedule, I could actually get work done and some of my creative stuff done too. But that goes back to my brain being on vacation. And I'm talking, it has peaced out for real. Most days, I don't leave my bedroom. I sleep here. I read here. I brainstorm here. Why leave it? When my alarm goes off, I feel no urge to actually get up. The thing rings, I cut it off and simply roll over.

But yeah, I need to get back into some kind of routine. While I am greatly enjoying the amount of time that I have had off from not having to study, I need to jump back into it. I was super efficient back in the days of hard core study mode, all day, every day. While I don't really need to break my neck like that, I do need to at least go half way.

Speaking of creative things that I am doing, I just finished up a banner for this blog to use as a siggy. For a banner, I think it looks spiffy. The text is boring, but I will do a better job next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment