Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Kitchen Adventures! Sausage and Cheddar muffins

Recently, I got my hands on a small cookbook that was nothing but muffin recipes and spreads to go along with them. Because who doesn't want to make their own honey butter. I can honestly say that I had not made muffins from scratch before this. I always used the mixes that come in the pouches. I found these recipes to be pretty simple to make and don't take that long to bake either. 


The first recipe I attempted, was a breakfast muffin. And let me tell you, they were amazing! So the name of them basically tells you the ingredients. Aside from the sausage and cheddar cheese, the batter consisted of Bisquick biscuit mix and cornmeal. I was not exactly fond of the texture from the cornmeal, but I got over it because the rest of the muffin was absolute divine.

This is definitely a good breakfast item, especially if you are in a rush in the morning. I would warm up two muffins in the microwave, pour myself a glass of milk or orange juice and that would be my breakfast. Next time I make these, I might try turkey sausage instead of pork. And I might add a bit of chive or something too. Another good thing, the recipe made 2 dozen muffins. So if I ever have to make something for a potluck breakfast, this will be my go to.

1 comment:

  1. mix the cornmeal with the liquid first than add the other ingredients and see if that helps

    ReplyDelete