Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kitchen Adventures! - Quiche

More adventures in the kitchen! A few years ago, I attempted to make a quiche. I did not like it at all. It was a low fat crustless quiche recipe. It didn't really have that much going for it. It was pretty flavorless, unappealing and bland. I had made omelettes that were more exciting. So, I believed that quiche was a terrible dish and I had no idea why anyone would want to eat it. Recently however, I decided to that I would try my hand at it again and see if a few adjustments would change my mind. And boy did it ever!



I used the same basic recipe as the one before and blended in some ingredients from a second recipe that I had found one of the many cookbooks that I have accumulated over the years. This dish was absolutely delicious. And it is one of those foods that taste even better the next day. The vegetables I used for this were: zucchini, green onion, and carrots



The difference with this attempt (aside from the presence of a crust) was the type and amount of cheese that I used. The mixture has cottage cheese as well as cheddar cheese. And the bottom of the crust has a layer of mozzarella. When I make this again (because I will be making it again), I think I am going to try putting some fresh herbs in it. I think that would take this dish over the top.

Have you ever made a dish that you thought was an utter disaster? I challenge you to try it again and make a few adjustments. You may have your mind changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment