Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Night of Hope

I can't tell you how I found out about Joel Osteen. One day I didn't know he existed and the next day I did. He was different. A very quiet personality, a big smile on his face all the time. He just seemed to be a very mild mannered person. I liked him. As the years past and I watched more of his sermons on television and I listened to them on internet, the more I wanted to actually see him in person. And last night, I was able to do that.


I do not think it is possible to put last night into words, but I am going to give it my best shot. It was exactly what they said it would be: a night of hope. Many times, people (myself included) go through things that make us want to give up on our aspirations and goals. We tell ourselves that it was a pipe dream anyway. Or we simply settle for less because for one reason or another, we have talked ourselves into believing that is all we can attain. But last night, it was just the opposite. The theme became we shouldn't give up, we shouldn't settle for less, it's not over. 


It was basically a night of restoring hope and faith in whatever it was that we had lost hope and faith in. And letting go of whatever negative thoughts and feelings we had concerning our situation. I know, it is a rather simplistic synopsis of how 3 hours were spent, but sometimes it is the simple things that cause the greatest change. I left feeling inspired and recharged. In spite of anything that may have happened to me in the past, I will be fine. My life, my dreams, my aspirations are still intact. And I can be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment