Friday, December 31, 2010

The New Year is here!

So out with 2010 and in with 2011. I suppose this is the blog where I am supposed to reminisce on what happened during the past year and weed out what I learned. But I really don't think that is what I am going to do. To me it would feel false to write something like that, posing as some time of wise woman on her hilltop handing down sage council from the numerous experiences life has handed down to me.


Time passes, things happen, people learn from them and continue with life. It is that simple. Nothing magical, nothing mysterious, nothing special. Just an occurrence that happens to all of us, every day of our lives. So this year, I will dispense with the self reflection in lieu of something else.


Though just as cheaply thin and nonsensical as reflecting on a year past, I have decided to talk about what I plan for this up and coming year. I plan to be completely and wantonly selfish this year. I have watched as colleagues of mine have their lives unfold before them while it feels I am still in a holding pattern. Well I am done with that.


I am done walking down the path that leads to nothing, nothing and more nothing, being promised that somewhere at the end will be the rewards for the all the blood, sweat and tears that I continue to spill on a consistent basis. No, I fully intend to take a detour. For once let myself be distracted by things I have wanted to accomplish and have always told myself "I will do that later". Well later is now.


That is my goal. To do the things that I have put on hold, waiting for some undefined moment when my life would allow me to do them. And fuck everything else that decides it wants to get in my way.


Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment