Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Michael Buble' Crazy Love Tour = Best Concert Ever

I has been bummed out a while ago when I saw that Michael Buble' was going to be performing in Atlanta. So close and yet so far away from me. So imagine my shock and surprise when I caught a commercial saying that Micheal Buble' was going to be bringing the Crazy Love tour to the Bridgestone Arena. Right smack in my backyard! There was no thought involved. I wanted tickets and I wanted them yesterday.


Of course the tickets I would have loved would have been right on the floor in front of him, but what I could afford (and what was left over) were the ones in the nosebleeds. I was okay with that though. I was there to hear the man sing. I could get over not being able to see every detail of his face. (Of course that was rectified by the large screens that were placed on either side of the stage.)


So fast forward to the night of the concert. It was my first time ever at Bridgestone Arena. And I had not been to a concert since 2003 or 2004. My seat wasn't that bad, actually. I was very happy about that. The opening act was Naturally 7. Honestly, after hearing them, I could have picked up purse, put on my coat and went home. They are really good. They are a group of men that do vocal play. I had never heard of vocal play until that night. I just remember my mouth falling open several times as these guys used their voices to mimic instruments. It honestly sounded like there was a band up on stage with them. But nope, just those 7 guys. (Very happy that I saw some black men that have decided to do more than rap and talk about sex all the time.)


Describing what it was like hearing Michael Buble' sing live...can that even by done? The fan girl inside of me spun herself dizzy as the lights went off inside the entire arena. The only thing you could see were the swirling logos on the white curtains on the stage. Then the intro to "Cry Me A River" (my favorite song on the Crazy Love cd) started to play and the entire place went crazy. People started screaming like mad. I can't lie, a huge smile was plastered on my face and refused to come off.


 The curtains pull back, the live band is playing and there he is, Michael Buble, standing there in his black suit and tie. Oh God, I wanted to squeal like a tween at a Justin Bieber concert. Oh this concert was everything I wanted and them some.


This show delivered everything. Buble' has a tickling sense of humor and can really perform to a crowd. I left there thinking that every penny I used on that ticket was well spent and I would do it again. People were singing along, dancing in the aisles, clapping and cheering. It was three hours of some of the greatest fun I have had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment