Saturday, December 4, 2010

A lot about nothing

I am pretty sure that this is going to be one of those blogs that is about nothing. So if you skip reading this one, it won't hurt my feelings in the least.


The past week has been pretty hard for me for some odd reason. I think it is the combined effects of it getting so dark so early and me wanting to go home for the holidays. This time of the year always seems to be really hard for me to get through. I always feel listless, lethargic and depressed. And I can almost mark it down to the day when it is going to start. 


This is probably the third year this has happened to me. I am not sure why this is happening now. I never remember having issues with this when I was younger. Sure, I was always ready for Christmas break to start, but I never remember feeling so bad right before the holidays.


Now, I am not writing this so people can read it and feel sad for me. Quite the opposite. Now that I am aware as to what is going on, I am starting to be pro-active about it. The moment I feel depression starting to sink in, I start cutting on all the lights and opening up all the windows. I put on the happiest music I can find or listen to something uplifting (usually Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyers or Creflo Dollar). I don't dwell on those dark thoughts that try to barrage my brain. Instead, I busy myself with something that is productive and has some type of completion attached to it. Something I can feel good about finishing.


I am not sure if this is just some stage I have fallen in and one day I will not have to worry about this any more. Or is this something that I will always have to stay on top of and make sure that it doesn't devour me because I am not paying attention. But as for right now, I am do my best in order to keep myself together as I patiently wait for the days to become warmer and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment