Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The things I find on YouTube

So I have no idea how long my head was in the sand on this topic, but I have recently (as in within the past year) been introduced to the concept of being a YouTuber or vlogger, whichever term floats your boat. Now I wasn't too interested in seeking out any vloggers until I was introduced to Charlieissocoollike (Charlie McDonnell) over on YouTube. I found him to be very interesting and entertaining.


(Here is a link in case you wanted to go and check him out. www.youtube.com/charlie)


Well seeing him opened the door to this vlogging world that I had no idea existed. And just recently there has been one person that has jumped up to the top of my list and have left the others in the dust. (Sorry Charlie) That is Adande "Swoozie" Thorne. I think this guy could read the phone book and make it interesting. He just has a way of telling a story that makes you want to hear the whole thing. Plus his stories are so surreal, you think that there has to be some type of embellishment going on. 


"Really, Swoozie? Speeding around in your dad's car wearing nothing but Spongebob boxers?"


(A link if you want to check him out, which you really should. www.youtube.com/swoozie06 and www.youtube.com/pressstart)


So I had heard the term "pro gamer" before, but I didn't quite understand what it meant. I still kind of don't. But watching Swoozie's vlogs, I find the world of pro gaming kind of interesting. And I was introduced to the WCG Ultimate Gamer reality show. (I'm a reality show junkie) I couldn't even begin to think how a person decides that they want to play video games professionally and then actually pursue that goal. Also, Swoozie as a person is quite a guy. I honestly didn't believe they made 'em like him any more.


And for those who are out there wanting a good laugh, I highly recommend Ray William Johnson on Equals Three (www.youtube.com/raywilliamjohnson) I can't put into words what this channel is like. So just click the link and get ready to laugh.


So now you know how I spend my spare time =P





No comments:

Post a Comment