Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 Day 1

And we're off! Okay, have to admit, I had no idea how this whole story was going to start off. Definitely not the feeling you want to have when you are about to start a 50k word work. But the moment I opened up Word and wrote the first line, the story just took off and I decided to follow it. I have no idea what the title of this story is going to be called yet. I'm hoping that will come to me when I have gotten some more of this story written.

I am actually amazed at what started tumbling out on the paper. I really had no idea all of that was in my head. Seems like I have subconsciously put together a lot of story and it didn't come out until I started typing. Things like were people lived, the look of the place they lived in, the dynamics between characters, etc. I love this part of writing, when you are discovering your characters and their world. Sometimes what I write comes as surprise me, even though I have sat down and plotted out so much. And I can't wait to have more of those moments.

So what is my story about? I guess I should at least give you that if you are reading this blog. It's fantasy, because that seems to be my love when it comes to writing. Basically it's going to be a story about a boy who is found to be somewhat of a magic prodigy. He has to leave his comfort zone and slowly excel as a mage/wizard/sorcerer/whatever I'm going to call it when I get there. I want to play around with the idea of how being the best and being leader means that you are alone. And how does one deal with being set apart, especially if it was not a voluntary choice. I want to look how Hawke (main character) interacts with others when he is beyond them, thinking 5 steps ahead of everyone else. And I want to look at how others react to him.

I also want to play around with the rules and perceptions of magic. I am hoping that this will be fun little experiment and see where it goes. I do have more plans for Hawke as he gets older. Plans that will probably not be able to fit into one book. (Because I can never plan one book. I always to have to shoot for the sagas)

So that is it for tonight. I am super sleepy. I am hoping to at least do one blog a week and keep them interesting. Until then, let's keep those noveling machines going!

No comments:

Post a Comment