Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Penning a novel #5 - Writing is Brutal

Ah yes, the infamous second week blues of NaNoWriMo. Don't feel like writing anything. Think I should come up with a new idea. I just feel like I am clawing at a creative wall that I just can't get over. And now I am writing so sloppy. Of course that my inner editor who is just twisting herself into knots on how bad the writing is and I refuse to stop, go back and fix it.


There are so many gaps that I am leaving in the stories I am writing. It is like I only write the nucleus of the story just enough to get the main point of it and then move on to the next one. I am not even bothering with the opening or the ending any more. I just don't feel like being bothered with it, because all the beginnings are all the same. And that is not at accident, I sort of want it to be that way. Each story with start the exact same way, that way it doesn't matter if you read the books out order. None of the stories assume that you have been introduced to the characters before. But writing it over and over again, just feels redundant and boring.


I suppose I just have to push through until I hit that writing sweet spot where I am nothing but a typing machine and couldn't stop myself if I wanted to. I am just hoping that my laptop gets here really soon. My desktop is a great computer, but sitting in this corner just makes me feel sleepy. And being curled up on the couch on the couch while I write is just so much more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment