Sunday, November 7, 2010

Penning a novel #4

This is the post where I whine about how difficult the writing has become instead of doing some actual writing.I am about 3500 words behind at this point. I hoping that being home for a weekend that I don't have to study will help me catch up and maybe I can squeak in a buffer if I am at all lucky. Friday, I didn't write at all. Instead I played Guild Wars. Mindlessly killing low level things just made me feel good.

The main problem I am having is that I am getting thoroughly bored with these stories. They don't hold my attention at all. They are just way too simplistic and I feel like there needs to be more. But what more could I possibly add? The stories are short (maybe 3k a pop) begins with a problem and ends with a solution. Some of them might even have a moral, who knows. These are the type of stories that need to be floridly described and cleverly set up. These are short and are taken at face value.So about half way through each story, I find myself getting terribly bored and running off to do something else.

Not sure what to do in order to make it more entertaining for me to write.Stories like the ones I am writing need a good illustrator. If you just read the words, it would be okay, but there definitely needs to be some pictures if/when these stories are published.

So right now, I am going to fill my glass and see how much I can write before hitting the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment