Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pre NaNo jitters

Don't know if I'm giddy for this whole thing to kick off just yet or am I totally terrified that my story idea will unravel before it gets started. Or am I concerned that I will run out of steam before I get close to 50k words. I usually don't feel this much anxiety. Of course, I usually believe that my story idea will work. However, this year is a whole different can of worms. 

I have had an idea for this story for quite some time, spurned by a character someone made for a D&D game a few years ago. However, the more I plotted out things, the more I was seeing an eerie parallel to Harry Potter. And that is what terrifies me. I don't want to inadvertently write some Harry Potter look a like by accident. I want this to be my story, my world. And it is slowly driving me nuts.

It is just so easy to fall into that set up. Magic school, mean student, student who is the best friend, go off on some adventure. I suppose the only thing I can do is just take the formula and make it unique to me. And then I can leave the editing for December. (Or whenever I get around to it). I suppose what is going to make it my own are the rules about magic. I might do some tweaking on them before the writing frenzy starts.

So yeah, three more days...only three more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment