Sunday, October 16, 2011

YouTubers and Minecraft

I was pretty late to the game of Minecraft. I had heard about it, but never thought it was something that I was going to get into. I mean, just how fun could stacking blocks actually be? Well, I was shown just how fun it could be and I was hooked after playing only one time. However, what I found is that I enjoyed it much more when I was playing with other people. So that meant I had to convince my sister to play as well. No one knows me as well as her, and if there could be anyone I want to build things with, it would be her.

Being less of a gamer than I am, it was going to take a whole lot of convincing in order to get her on board. The graphics weren't that great. She wasn't much of a PC gamer. She had the same skepticism as me. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get her to budge. So I gave up on the idea of us ever playing together. Life moved on, my play time on Minecraft dwindled to nothing and I forgot about trying to get my sister to play. Then enter Simon and Lewis of Yogcast.

This was something that I stumbled on quite by accident. I was looking for tutorials on YouTube on how to build some cool looking things and I found Yogcast ; two English guys playing Minecraft. First thing that got me was the banter between the two and it was interesting to watch them play. But soon, the whole thing started to develop into a full blown story. The story was interesting and the things that were being built in game were absolutely spectacular. I had to show this to my sister. The players were funny, the story was amusing, it was just a good way to spend your time.

I didn't expect her to want to play Minecraft, but I had hoped that she would at least enjoy what was going on in the YouTube vids. The next day, after watching, she was ready to play. I was pleasantly surprised. Both of us really enjoy Yogcast and because of them, I have someone to play Minecraft with :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment