Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 12

So yesterday was the first day that I didn't hit word count on my NaNovel. I was tired and just couldn't get those final words on the paper. Plus I think I'm a bit hung up. I suppose I could write through it or I could sit and plot through it before actually writing it down. I have gotten to the part of the story that needs more planning, but I don't actually have the time for it. I feel like now I'm just writing pieces and wondering if it will fit or if I am going to chuck it out later. I guess I don't like the thought of entire ideas being axed out of my story. If I write it, I want it to stay. However, at this stage, I'm not sure that everything I am writing down will be part of this story or another that will come after this one.

I like my story and I like my characters, so those are always good signs. I just wish that I was a little tighter on how the story is supposed to progress. I am writing and it feels like I'm living big gaping holes to be filled in at some other time. Now I normally do that when writing, especially something lengthy. But this time around, I feel like I have a lot of holes that I have to go back and fill. And I do mean a lot. Not exactly a huge fan of having to do that.

People and places still don't have names yet. The book still doesn't have a title. But what it does have is over 17,700 words. So obviously there is a good story amidst all of that. Just going to keep hammering away at it and see what comes of it. Worst thing that could happen is that it gets sat on the shelf after I am done with it. Best thing, I could polish it into something amazing!

Probably will try and catch up to the 20,000 mark today. I'm in a bit of a creative mood.

1 comment:

  1. It is after the 2nd week that everything starts to seem a little jumbled. You can always edit later, so don't worry about it right now!

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete