Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 Day 29

So many things have gotten in the way of me writing this novel, you just don't know. I will be writing about a few of them in later blog posts. I was ready to throw in the towel yesterday. I just knew that I would never be able to finish on time. But my Nashville WriMos just weren't going to hear any of that noise. I was told to put my fingers to the keyboard and get to typing. As of right now, I'm 5k away from hitting 50,000 words. That is so doable for me. I am so glad that I didn't give up. If I accomplish this, it will be my second win. And it will be so good, because I was able to do it when people told me that I wouldn't be able to.

Is my story a huge mess? Yep. Will it need more editing than any story I have ever written? Definitely. But I did it. I finished it. I pulled it out. And really, isn't that what NaNo is about? Well this post is going to be short because I have a lot of writing to finish between now and lights out tomorrow.

Congratulations to those who have already won. And to those who are still writing, don't give up. You still have one more day left.

No comments:

Post a Comment