Friday, February 11, 2011

Looking for Guild?

So after playing around on my hunter and getting a feel of my new server, I decided it was time to scope out the roleplaying scene and see how it was. Right off the bat, I could see a difference from my old server in the fact that player coalesce in the city. There are definite hubs were more players are than others, but still, it is not odd to run into pockets of roleplayers through out the city, any time of night. (Don't know about days, because I am not on)

And it seems like everyone has the MyRolePlay addon, which is neat, because most rpers on my old server didn't. Even though I have been rping on WoW for a while now, I still get nervous when I make new contacts. I'm not sure what to say. I am not sure how to strike up a conversation that is not boring, but at the same time is not overly dramatic. And I don't want people thinking that I'm a noob just because my toon is at a low level. So, I haven't really been doing much rping, so much as running around rpers and eavesdropping on conversations.

Well, I found a guild struck me as very interesting. I did some research on them and decided if I was ever going to join a guild, this would be the one that I wanted to be a part of. So I talked to an officer and then submitted an application (which is new for me, since most just add you on the spot). Now, I sit and wait. Part of me is super nervous that they will tell me no, since I don't have my character's story solidly hammered out. Or that my character is not a good fit for their guild. Or they will think I'm a noob. I haven't been contacted yet. I am thinking about whispering an officer when I get on the game again.

I actually rped with someone last night. It was a random occurrence. I was questing, some mage ran past me with an elite on his tail. I decided to shoot some arrows at it in order for it to go down after. Once the elite died, the guy bowed to me, I bowed back and then the exchange started. I had a lot of fun with him and decided to put him on my friends list. (Yay, first friend!) It seemed like he enjoyed himself as well.

I do have a person that I know from my old server on this server (one of the reasons I choose it), but I don't want to use him as my crutch. I want to make my own rp circle on my own first. I was able to make a name for myself before when I played my priest. I want to be able to do that again. What I would love more than anything is to become on of those legendary people that folks talk about on the forums. *sigh* A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment