Sunday, February 27, 2011

Can't give up now

I suppose this blog is going to sound a bit more inspirational than most. Right off the top I will say, medical school is hard. Of course anyone who expected it not to be isn't in their right mind. However, I never expected it to be this hard. Not hard as in work load, but hard as in taxing mentally and emotionally. If I could collect all the tears shed by medical students in just the first year alone,  I could probably make a new ocean. But that is beside the point.


The point I am trying to make is that no matter how tired, how drained, how upset or hurt I become, I keep going. Sleepless nights, days where I thought I couldn't do it, points where I felt like I wanted to give it up and throw in the towel, I kept moving forward. Why? Why keep going? Because, this is my calling. This is how I can pay it forward. This is how God will use me in order to help others. I keep going because I can do nothing but this.


One of my classmates told me something powerful when I started talking about how tired I was and how I did not feel like doing this ish any more. His response was "You can't quit. There are people out there who don't know you that are waiting for you to finish and change their lives."


That hit me like a ton of bricks. What is this next to what I am going to do? So I keep my nose to the grindstone, because out there somewhere, someone is depending on me to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment