Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Am Number Four

So, I just saw this movie last night. It was a toss up between this and "Unknown" (which I hope to see very soon). Going into it, I was a little worried about it was going to turn out. It had potential to be very very bad. The only actors I recognized were Timothy Olyphant and the guy from lost who shot Ben's daughter. Oh yeah, and he played The Blob on the Wolverine movie.


There was the high school stereotypes that were thrown in there and I personally could have done without it. However, I have no idea if that was in the book or not. If it was, then I can't really blame the movie for that. Those played out rather predictably, but it wasn't enough to spoil the movie for me. I suppose it gave a little bit of a Smallville vibe, in that here is this powerful alien who has to act human. He is powerful, but has to allow himself to be bullied around because he can't use his powers.


I couldn't help but ask questions about stuff that was totally irrelevant to the story. Such as, how much money was paid in order to see the AT&T logo on John's iPhone? (my brain just works like that) Or how come John doesn't have some sort of weapon by the time all the fighting went down? Only so much you can do with glowing hands.


I did find myself getting a little impatient about how long it was taking to get to the fight with John and the people hunting him down. But that fight was definitely worth the wait. Michael Bay, if you are reading this, I <3 U. Oh that fight was great.


So now I want to go and read the book and see all the things that movie left out. All in all, I liked the movie (though it seems many critics didn't) blonde haired protagonist and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment