Thursday, February 10, 2011

Muse, don't fail me now.

It never fails. Any time I dive into academics with any type of fervor, my creative side just shrivels up and dies on me. I couldn't write a story right now if a gun was placed to my head. It is like I can only due one thing really well at a time. I can either write or I can pour copious amounts of information into my brain. I am not allowed to have both.


Of course the timing for this is poor, seeing how I cutting out extraneous things in my life in order to get more writing and editing done. But now writing just causes frustration, because I can't come up with anything good.


I heard from a friend that the way she improves her writing is by drawing. And other trick that another friend used was reading books. Maybe I will have to do that before I can get my writing mojo back.Nothing feels worse than wanting to create, but you feel like you have tapped everything you have and there is nothing left in your mind.


I need to make a list of writing projects and tackle them in order. Just writing a little bit on everything is not getting anything finished. I want to have something finished. Of course that means the painful job of editing. But it has to be done.


Hopefully my creative side comes back soon. Until it does, I guess I will have more time to finish my leisure reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment