Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Penning a Novel #2

4 more days until I start penning my 50,000 words and already I am starting to fret. I am wondering if I can juggle my rotations and write at the same time. It is not the same as when I went to class and wrote. I kind of want to throw in the towel before I start, but I keep telling myself that as long as I write something, I will be okay. Just focus on writing something and don't focus on the volume that has to be written. And I have the ideas planned out already. I just need to sit down and do it.

Of course it is a bad omen that I dropped my laptop and now the screen won't come on. I am hoping that gets fixed in the very near future.If not, I won't be heading to any write ins this year.

That's another thing, I don't know if I can go to any write ins anyway. I wanted to. A lot of them are being held at the Parthenon, and I would love nothing more that to sit  under Athena and pen a novel. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is in the cards for me.

So yeah, 4 days and my inner editor gets tossed in the basement and locked in there for a month while my creative side gets to run amok, unchecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment