Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another hurdle crossed

So yesterday was my Step 1 exam. The exam that I have fretting over, studying for and praying about for months (literally, months). The whole experience was something entirely different from what I expected. I do want to give credit where credit is due however. First and foremost, I know I wouldn't have had my head on straight if I hadn't asked God for help, peace and guidance. Secondly, my pseudo big brother, Ben, who understood everything that I was going through and was there to give me solid game plan. So I was there at the test center, as confident as ever.


I was little amazed at how laid back the atmosphere was. You took breaks when you wanted, ate lunch when you wanted. Got started as soon as you got there. It was just a very odd yet pleasant experience as far as testing went. I had brought some books in order to look at things on my break, but decided against muddling my brain with information. It was all in there, tucked away safely. Just needed to pull it out and put it on the paper...err, computer screen, whatever.


I would also like to thank NuFocus. My dad hit a gold mine when he found this stuff and then sent me some. I was pretty awake through the entire 8 hours and didn't have any caffeine the entire time. And after the exam, I was on the phone for at least an hour. Not a single bit of grogginess whatsoever. However, I did hop in bed afterwards. I like naps and felt I deserved one.


So yes, that hurdle of my life is done. I can now close that chapter of my life and start a new one. One that involves me figuring out real patients. Dun, dun duuuuuun

No comments:

Post a Comment