Saturday, October 26, 2013

Daily Write - Dancing with Snowflakes

It was like dancing in snowflakes. Well, more the fun and elation that comes from the thought of what dancing in snowflakes would be like. So yes, the romanticized thought of dancing in light, airy, magical snowflakes that beckon us to watch them from windows and draw them in story books. That would be the best explanation that I can come up with. 

Time was slow and the world lulled into the surreal; the unbelievable. The point where reality reaches the veil of the imaginary and somehow that veil is parted. But only just enough. Just enough for us to catch the slightest of glimpses. The background noise of one too many days and a few too many nights melded into the nonexistent. There was nothing left but myself lost in this blissful swirl of gamboling, twinkling light descending down on the tufts of these downy crystals.

I found myself smiling and not being able to stop; face alight, hoping to catch one on my nose. For that is how it goes in the many books that I have read and movies I have seen. Like melting sugar in your mouth or angel kisses on your eyelids. How could that not make someone want to smile? I stretched my arms out and spun with them, laughter on my tongue, joy in my soul. It felt like dancing, this well of happiness that washed over me completely. Wish that this moment would last for always. That the snowflakes would never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment