Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Juicing - Day 2

So, I have officially gotten the first day of this Juice Quest (thanks to my sister for that name) under my belt. For the most part it wasn't bad, until night came. It seemed all I could think about was what I would have been making for dinner. I found that my brain seems to equate dinner with something salty. I think I am going to have to look up some juices that have spices or something in them. It would probably help curb some of the craving feelings that happen late at night. I did cheat. I had water with a bouillon cube before going to bed last night. My goodness, it was so satisfying. Hence the reason I think I need to find something that has some spice in it. I am not really after the food, I just wanted something that wasn't sweet tasting.

So my first day of this quest started out with my juicer breaking. Yes, I was in the  middle of making my Mean Green Juice and the thing conked out. I wasn't surprised. It was a pretty cheap machine to begin with and I hadn't really used it for much aside from juicing small things, like grapes. So I went and bought a new one. I have to say, the sound of this thing scares the crap out of me every time I turn it on. But I am slowly falling in love with it.

For breakfast this morning, I had something called the Rise and Shine. It is carrots and oranges. It was absolutely delicious. I would drink this for breakfast even if I wasn't doing this. I want to go home and make this for my family so they can try it out. In case you want to make it for yourself...

4 carrots
2 navel oranges

That's it. Throw them in the juicer and love all of it. I thought I would be crazily craving food at this point, but honestly, I'm not. I drink my juice, drink my water and then go on about my day. I picked the best time to do this, because right now I'm hanging out at home and I don't have to encounter food. It would probably be harder if I were at school or hanging out with friends, because any time we have to ourselves, we have to eat. And my friends know the best places to eat.

I remember distinctly I was out at the movies with my friends last year. After the movie, we wanted to go out and eat. One of the people in our group said no. After some prodding, he let us know that he wasn't eating any solid foods and that he was just drinking juice and water. We all looked at him like he was crazy. Why would anyone want to do that to themselves willingly? We told him good luck with his insanity, we were going to get dinner. Never thought that I would be following in his foot steps a year later. I am not sure if I would have been able to say no. Especially if it was my favorite place to eat out. Not really going to test that theory any time soon.

So onwards with Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment