Sunday, June 24, 2012

Juicing? Why not!

So, last week I watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" that was about an Australian guy named Joe Cross who was overweight and had a condition called chronic urticaria. He decided to go on a 60 day juicing fast and record his journey. Needless to say, it was quite inspirational. So much so, that I decided to give it a go for 10 days.

I definitely have some reservations about it. I don't think that I have gone more that 24 hours without eating solid food and now I'm about to sign on for 10 days. My brain is giving me a ton of reasons why this is the worst decision I could make. But, I'm doing it anyway. And there is no better time than the present. It's summer time, I'm not in rotations any more. I have time to prepare the juices. I just need to close my eyes and take the dive.

I am going to use this time to jump start that whole transformation that I talked about in my last blog. I know that it is not going to be the easiest thing, but I should focus more on how things are going to be in the end instead of how things will feel in the beginning.

I am thinking about blogging about how things are going. Hopefully it just won't be me talking about food. I will probably just need a place to talk out all the thoughts in my head while I try this out. Hmm, that probably means there is going to be some food talk.

I'm adding in other things too, because it just feels right to do so. I have never fasted just for health reasons. Usually whenever I have been on a fast, it is for spiritual reasons. I think focusing on God and my Christian walk will give my mind something to occupied with, so I am not thinking about eating. This will give me the opportunity to dig into some things that I have been putting off for a while.

So, everything starts tomorrow. I picked up all my groceries tonight, have my juice recipes taped on my cabinet above juicer, and am cleaning all dishes so I don't even see remnants of food. So, here it goes, guys. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment