Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It has been an entire year!!!

So, shameless plug. But I figure if you are looking at my blog, it is all about me anyway. May marks one year of me writing Click Here For Comics over at UnSung Heroes. Honestly, I never really expected it to go for this long or for it to be as welcomed on the site as it is. Writing about webcomics had been something that I wanted to do for several months before I was introduced to the site. I was looking for a platform to stand on and they gave me one.

Honestly, I was expecting to be looked over since I didn't really have that strong of a background in print comics. Sure I knew about them, but I had just started reading some of the larger name in print comics and had a  lot of learning to do when it come to super heroes and all that. However, that didn't seem to matter. I knew webcomics, knew what I liked and what I didn't like and people seemed to be pretty receptive to that.

If I had time to write more than just one article a month, I would. Doing this had sent me searching for other things to write about, different genres to look at and consider, and giving me the ability to say "Yeah, this is a good comic, however, I'm just not the target audience.". I have a lot of fun writing these. I have yet to sit down in front of a blank screen and say "Oh good Lord, I have to do this again.". I always have a feeling of, "Which one on this list am I going to do this week!"

I think the icing on this cake was given to me a few weeks ago when someone suggested a webcomic for me to look at review. Me handing out thoughts on a topic is one thing. Someone actually wanted to hear my thoughts is definitely something different. Makes me feel like I have built somewhat of a re pore and that's pretty cool.

So now that I have made it a full year, how long do I plan on keeping this up? Honestly I don't know. I guess I just ride it out until it's over. And I have no idea when that will be. But, webcomics is always going to be something that is near and dear to my heart. And I will probably be talking about them from now until forever as long as there is someone to listen.

On that note, let me plug the lastest edition of Click Here For Comics where I review the comic, Fey Winds.

Click and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment