Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kitchen Adventures! - Cranberries and Edamame

If the title didn't tip you off, I was trying out something different in the kitchen. I recently got the book Healthy Snacks for Work by Daniel Amos. It has a number quick and simple recipes for snacks that cater to people with busy lives. I figured leafing through the pages of this book couldn't hurt. I came across a recipe that involved cranberries and edamame. It just so happened that I had those two things in my kitchen at the time. So I tried it out. 

The bag here says mukimame, but that just means it is shelled already. Which is fantastic, because I want to do the least amount of work possible. So the edamame is put on a baking sheet with a little olive oil and baked until they are cooked thoroughly. Then it is mixed with the cranberries, add a dash of salt and voila! Finished!


I liked how easy and quick it was make. I also like the salty/sweet combination. What I did not like was the texture of it. I guess I was expecting something that had some crunch to it, but this was quite the opposite. The edamame had a really soft texture, almost a little mushy. It kind of turned me off. All in all, this wasn't bad. I would do it again. Maybe play around with some different fruits, like dried blueberries. Any of you guys have healthy snacks you like fixing?

No comments:

Post a Comment