Saturday, January 25, 2014

Trying to get that touchable skin

A theme that I seem to be continuing is that I love making my own DIY hair and skin products. I can't tell you what is so fun about, but I find myself doing it over and over again. I also love how amazingly cheap it is compared to buying thing from the store. First thing I have tried out is an easy bath soak.


I am not sure how much milk bath sells for, but I am going to guess that it is more than making it at home. All you need it powdered milk and Epsom salt. Pour these two in your bath while it is running and bathe as normal. (Of course I recommend just soaking for a while, because why not.) For those of you not familiar with Epsom Salt, you can find it in the pharmacy section.



Baby oil is a real gem for me, because it is fairly simple step to add into the hygiene routine. The moment I am done with a shower or bath, I put this on. Once my skin has absorbed it, it feels pretty fantastic. And after doing it for several days in a row, I am pretty amazed at the results. I used to use baby oil all the time, because I went to college in a dry climate and it wreaked havoc on my skin. I am not sure why I stopped.

I was introduced to baby oil gel later on. It is used pretty much like lotion. It is not my most favorite product in the world, but it's not bad. Personally, I stick with the oil and only use the gel when I run out of that.

Just wanted to share these two easy things. Probably will be posting more DIY things in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment