Friday, April 18, 2014

My Obligatory PAX East 2014 post

Best gaming convention NA!


Now that I have recuperated, I guess it is time for me to write about my experience at PAX East this year. There is absolutely no way that I can shove everything that happened this past weekend into one blog post. Instead, I will give a few highlights and leave the rest for my YouTube video.



Hugs for everyone!
First thing first, I met some of the most amazing people; my Twitch family. It was the strangest feeling, because the majority of us had never met face to face. And yet, it felt like a reunion, a coming back together. Within a few hours, I felt like I had known these people all of my life. As if we had grown up together or something. And while it was a strange sensation, it was a great sensation at the same time.You can't fake that kind of connection. I can't wait to see them all again. 





RAWR!!


PAX East is this huge mesh of everything that excites me about gaming: new games, live streamers, YouTubers, music, every aspect of gaming culture comes out in full force, flooding your mind and body for 3 days. One of my favorite parts has to be getting to play the game demos. Yeah, the lines to tend to get a bit a long, but this is just part of the experience after a while. One of the games I got to demo Lichdom: Battlemage. This game was made for players like me. While I died within moments of the boss battle, it was still a game that I want to see more from. I mean, really, who doesn't want to be a battle mage.






Yes, that is a bike ramp.


There were two panels that I was looking forward to from the moment the schedule came out. That was the Chainsawsuit Podcast and Acquisitions Inc. Acquistions Inc. was something that I had been following for years. And when I say years, I came in on Season 2 of the game and wanted nothing more than to see them game live. So when I heard they were doing it in Boston this year, I lost my mind. And it was everything that I had hoped for it to be. Comedy, drama, cliff hangers, just all in all good storytelling. I could not have been happier






About the Chainsawsuit Podcast...I have a confession to make. I was a bit late on this train. I started listening to Mikey and Kris about a month before PAX East, but even with that short amount of time, I knew that I wanted to see these two live. They just have a humor that is so complimentary. Seeing the two of them interact with each other and the audience was great.


There was a ton of stuff that happened. There were concerts, karoke, meet ups, dancing, eating, taking of pictures and recording video. In that one weekend, memories were made, friendships were forged, inside jokes were created. So much awesome happened. It is probably going to take a month or so to come down off this high I'm riding.



HOPE TO SEE ALL YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment