Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Giving Back

There are certain places in my life where I know that I would not have made it through had it not been for another person giving me a hand up. And there will never be anything that I could possibly do to pay those people back. Because honestly, had it not been for them, my life would be altogether different. And while part of me wishes that I could express to them just how much they were instrumental in me getting from one point in my life to next, another part of me wants to do the same for someone else.


But how? What could I possibly do? That is always the question that plagues me. What could I possibly do? There are others who are more brilliant, who are more talented, who just have more to offer. What could I have that they don't? What is something I have is absolutely worthless in comparison to everyone else? I would have wasted not only my time, but the time of the others that I was trying to help. So what do I do?


I suppose I just do something. Because that is better than nothing. And, honestly, can you ever really know how much you have affected the people around you? Honestly, I just want to give others a hand up like I was given. I know what it felt like to look at a situation and feel like you have no one but yourself. Just the thought that someone else has your back and is invested in your success changes things. And not just the lip service, the actual being there to help push that stone up the hill with you.


I want to be that. I want to let others know that it isn't over if things go wrong. And to prove it, I will help you up. Because the view from up here is beautiful and I want you to see it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment