Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MoonGuard Twitter Project

There are some things you see and you view it with nothing but skepticism, not entirely sure how it is going to work or pan out. I can say that was exactly how I felt when I first heard about the MoonGuard Twitter Project. While it was a good thought, I was not exactly sure how well it was going to be executed. Let me explain what the Twitter Project is all about.


An idea that first started on Wyrmrest Accord found its way into the Moon Guard forums. You would make a Twitter account for your roleplay character. You could only follow other rp characters and all your tweets had to be in character. The in character explanation for this was that in the marketplaces of all the major cities of Azeroth, there are magic books for sale. If you write in it, all the other owners of the same type of book can see what you have written. It would be a way for a large amount of roleplayers to connect and expand the roleplay experience.


My inner Twitter nut went crazy over the thought of roleplaying via Twitter. But the skeptic side of me was in full swing. I wasn't sure who was signing up, who I was going to follow, would the tweets be any good, just lots and lots of doubts of how well this was going to go down. So I slept on it, fully expecting that within a month or so the whole project would be nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets.


Well several months later, when I went back to see how the project was doing, it looked like things were only getting bigger and people involved were really enjoying themselves. My skepticism still was not entirely gone, but I saw that some of the people that I roleplay regularly were signed up. So, I just closed my eyes and took the plunge. Worst thing that could happen...I didn't like it and I would delete the account.


Well now I see just why the project did not fold in on itself. I am able to converse with so many more roleplayers now. Had I been at home with my gaming computer, I would have looked them up and tried to rp with them all in game. And watching conversations between some of these characters is so entertaining! I can't believe that I was about to take a pass on this. I am having so much fun with this. Sure, I haven't filled my follow list with lots of people just yet, but I am still loving everything about this project.


Yeah, I know that it sounds so extra nerdy that I'm using Twitter in order to roleplay with other WoW gamers, but at this point, nerdy is kind of my middle name. So if you happen to be part of Moonguard (or Wyrmrest Accord) I would really recommend making a character account and joining in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment