Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Bland Blues (WoW stuffs)

So now I'm a bit stuck when it comes to the roleplaying that I'm doing with my guild. Here is the tug of war that I am having right now. My character is quite simplistic and very much a blank slate. I made her that way in order for her to be able to fit into any story line. My guild mates on the other hand have quite the story going on. Drama, drama and more drama. I feel a bit left out, having a character that really has little to contribute to these epic story lines. So the obvious solution would be for me to create some type of drama for my character as well. Why not, right? House Silvacce is full of folks whose brains are only being held together by threads anyway. I would fit right in.


But here is my problem with that. I don't want to be that person who runs up and steals the spotlight just to be an attention whore. I want there to be a legitimate reason for all eyes to be on my character. Also I always fall into the pot hole of things being too over dramatic, like my character all of the sudden has become the star of her own crazy soap opera. And it will have nothing to do with anyone else, I just feel like it would be a great story in my own head. And anyone who has roleplayed in WoW and has had to sit through someone else's diatribe that you could not care less about knows exactly how painful that can be.  I have been in that situation more times than I care to remember, where you feel like a trapped animal who is contemplating chewing their leg off in order to escape. I never want to be the person who is the cause of that.


So I reign myself in and sit and listen to everyone else carry, secretly wishing that had something just as entertaining to spout off as well. But I want to be something that is different (well at least different from everyone else around my character so far). I am just not sure what that thing is, at all. I'm sure that if I had more time to devout to thinking about my character, I could come with something decent. But like I stated before, any time my academic side gets out of hand, my creative side suffers for it.


I am playing around with a few ideas, so I am hoping that something pans out in the near future and I can start building a story around it. An interesting one that my other guildmates can participate in (when we aren't being attacked by kraken and swindled by goblins. Khyrza, if you are reading this, I love you. But I hate your bore worms). Anyway, back to the study cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment