Sunday, September 19, 2010

Church, Football and Comic Pull

Honestly, I couldn't remember the last time I went to church. Easter maybe? Anyway, that was just a sign that I needed to get my hips back in there. I feel like a lot of my life would get back on track if I would get back to doing what it is that I know to do: pray, read my Bible, and get back in church and stay there.


So I was trying my best to make sure to get there on time, but between me not liking the clothes I had picked out and forgetting to gas up the car the day before, I was about 5-10 minutes late. And the high heel shoes I had decided to wear was not helping me get into the sanctuary any faster. However, despite being late, I was ushered up to the third row. That is closest I have ever been, and that counts Bible study. I was right up there with the church mamas and deacons. It was a good thing to, because Bishop was beyond good today. It was like he preached just for me today. Definitely need a copy of today's sermon.


So after church and a late breakfast, it was time to hunker down and get ready for double header Sunday. I don't know if I watch football because I like it or because it reminds me of home. Steelers were awesome against the Titans. Redskins let me down in OT. And tonight, I watched the Colts smash the Giants. All in all, great football Sunday. I am trying out fantasy football for the first time this year. So far my team is in the lead for my match up. Unless something insane happens tomorrow night, I have this one in the bag.


I remembered yesterday that the Blackest Night trade came out this summer and I was supposed to get it. But then I saw that there were several Blackest Night trades and I had no idea which one to get. I got Blackest Night and part of me wanted to get Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps, but I took a pass on it. I also bought X-Files: 30 days of Night #2 and #3. I am hoping that these were all good purchases. If not, well, I will remember for next time.


I guess it probably a little weird that I order my comics from a shop in Canada. I mean, it would probably be easier to get books here. But ComicPull is connected to The Fourth Wall, run by two really awesome guys. So I definitely want to support them. Plus, most comic stores that I have seen are really creepy. Getting comics mailed to me is a pretty awesome way to get what I want and side step everything I don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment