Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Blog

I always feel like I should say something deep and meaningful whenever I write a blog. Like I should pour my soul or say something that will make the world stop. However, I am not the Dali Lama or the reincarnation of Mother Teresa. I am just me and my blog is going to be whatever happens to be in my head.

One thing that I have noticed is that my life seems to require that I change constantly. That the person of yesterday is not going to be able to hack the situations of tomorrow. It feels like as soon as I am finally good at balancing the plates of my life, something comes along and adds another and I have to adjust once again. It feels like I can never stop and just enjoy the moment I am standing in. I have to be happy that I succeeded and keep plodding ahead to my next endeavor. That can be more than a bit tiresome.

I suppose I have become a bit nostalgic for days when my life was not as complicated. When there were very few challenges and I did mostly everything with little to no effort. But knowing me, I would probably be bored with that life and plod straight into the very challenges that I am standing in right now. I suppose I should be happy for the golden rings that are hovering above my head, enticing me to reach up and grab them. Sure there is a lot more mountain for me to climb, but looking back, I am proud that I have come so far.

(Let's see how many more metaphors I can squeeze into this blog :P)

I am having one of those days where I am staring into the mirror and I see the person in front of me and I know  what it is that I want to become. The distance between the two is daunting and I don't even want to start. But if I don't, then will I ever truly be happy with where I am right now? And I already know the answer to that.



Romans 8:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment