Friday, September 17, 2010

Assessments and hate

Do I even know where to start? Today was about the same as any day. Got up and took an NBME assessment to see if I was ready for STEP and it came with a resounding no. So it looks like it will be yet another month before I take that. Part of me is really angry that I can't get this test over and done with already. But I would rather push it back and be ready than to take it and not be ready.


I got a little peeved today over something that should have been a non-issue. But there is something that I just can't let go. And that is when people apologize and in the same breath assert that they were right and they have no idea why you were upset in the first place. Look, either apologize or don't. Don't be dick about it. Because now you are just lying. You aren't really sorry, you are just saying it out posterity. And for some reason the people who pull this maneuver have usually layered the elitism on really thick. And that is another thing I hate with a passion. A holier than though attitude while I'm talking to you is the fastest way to make me hate you.


Again, the conversation that this happened in has nothing to do with life. It didn't even some deep moral issue or beholden belief. It is just the principle of the entire thing that ruffled my feathers. I just wanted to punch the guy in the throat. But you can't do that over the internet. If you could, there would be less flame wars on forums. Every part of me wanted to get snippy and yell "Fuck you, cockbite" but where would that get me? So I just tried to put it out of my mind and go on about my day. 


Think I might be doing some doodling tonight. Not sure what is going to end up on the paper. I never do. Never seem to have any type of direction of what I want to get better at. Another idea is to work on some calligraphy. It's pretty easy to see what I need to do with that. Make my letters better. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment