Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Nightfall Saga: Secrets Revealed (Part 3)

Lady Alara made sure that all of her things were being sent to a carriage outside and then went to make sure that Cixi's things were taken care of as well. She had expected to see Cixi sitting in her room. However, when she opened the door, there were only hand maidens packing up the few things that Cixi had brought with her and cleaning the room up.
 

"Where is my daughter?" Lady Alara asked, scanning the room.
 

The young elven women averted their eyes, more to avoid answering the question rather than out of customary habit. There was silence as the servants exchanged glances between each other. Lady Alara noticed that Matthias also sitting quietly in the corner, not making any eye contact.
 

“I am going to ask one more time and only one more time,” Lady Alara said, in a sterner voice, “Where is my daughter?”
 

“The young ma’am wished to say goodbye to Lord Jaias before you left,” one of the handmaidens answered, “We warned her that it was against your explicit wish. However, she believed that saying you all were leaving would not be so terrible. We are really sorry, Lady Alara. There was nothing we could say that would stop her.”
 

“It is quite alright,” Alara replied, slightly upset but keeping her composure, “It is only polite, I suppose. And with the testing coming to a close, I am sure that my brother would notice our absence. I just wish I had been informed of my daughter’s actions before this.”
 

“Milady, were you not told?” the handmaiden asked,” Testing is going on for one more day. The Council extended it late last night.”
 

Lady Alara’s eyes widened, “Extended it? Why?”



Story Continues: Secrets Revealed (Part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment