Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A New Journey

I feel like I should be blogging more, but honestly I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be telling you guys. Saturday all my dreams came true. Honestly, not some figure of speech, my dreams came true. Becoming a physician has been something that I have wanted ever since I was a kid. It has been something that I have worked for and chased after for years and years and years. I scrawled my name countless times on scraps of paper, practicing my signature. And Saturday, I was given my earned title as MD. It is still surreal. That I am a trained physician. A doctor. I have earned the long white coat.

Of course now, I have to other things to do in order to carry me further down this path. It was like arriving to my dream just opened the door to undertake more things. Things that I am unsure about. Things that are hiding behind a haze of unknown and uncertainty. But that is life, isn't it? Giving up the familiar for a better and brighter unknown that lies beyond what we are used to doing in our day to day.

Of course, this is the part where I wish my life had come together much like my other classmates had. But once again, I have walked down another path that is unlike the masses. I'm unsure how to feel about that either.I suppose that is the bittersweet of it all. I arrived at my dream. The dream that took blood, sweat, tears, prayers, and determination to claw my way too. And I found that it was only a door to yet another journey  stretching out in front of me. Most likely leading to another dream and another and probably one beyond that. But for now, I am going to stand here and enjoy the view. Looking back at everything I accomplished, standing on this hill and taking it all in.

I made it. I actually made it. And it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment