Monday, April 22, 2013

Thoughts, I have them

I must admit, I am just a bit envious of people who can sit down and write every single day. I feel like there just isn't enough inside of me to be constantly pouring out things on paper. After a while, everything in my head goes silent and there is not a interesting thing left. Then I thought, maybe it is because I have so little experiences left to pull from in order to keep the creativity going.

Honestly, some of my best inspirations come from moments in my life. Some are huge moments and others are mundane and simplistic. But they all hold that possibility of being the spark that I need in order to write something that I like. In college, I used to take these long walks and just let my mind roam. Sometimes I went with friends, sometimes I went alone. I can't say anything overly exciting ever happened on any of these walks, but there were so many moments, it just caused me to write all the time.

But I don't really do that all that much any more. I spend most of my time indoors, away from the rest of the world that is happening outside. And those "moments" are less and less. I feel like my writing has become repetitive and predictable. It is like I am hammering away at the same theme over and over. But I don't really know what else to do. And then there are times when I don't have a single idea in my head. There is nothing to write, because I have dreamt up nothing. And so the blank page just sits for months at a time.

I think I am going to start going back out again, experiencing the world that is outside of the 4 walls that I am constantly barricading myself in. Maybe then, new and interesting things will come to me and I will write more. And if not, at least I will be having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment