Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time to do me.

You would think by now that I would be at the point in my life where I felt free enough to do whatever I felt like doing. Well, unfortunately that is not the case. Every morning I wake up, I am always telling myself the things I can't do because of what other people might think when they see me. For instance, I have a stack of fedoras sitting in my bedroom. However, I never wear them to school, because no one else does. What would my other classmates think if I suddenly came into class with one of those hats on.

I have new jewelry that I have never worn out. A case full of make up that I never wear, and a ton of other things that I don't bother putting on. Why? Because I am afraid of the reaction that I am going to get once I put it on and walk out in public with it. Normally, I'm pretty low maintenance. Ponytail, jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl. But there are times when I want to dress it up a bit. But I don't. I think that it will be too much.

I am not sure when other's thoughts of me became such an issue. But it is something that I am ready to shrug off. I am ready to do what I want now and who cares what others say or think, right? I'm already the weird girl as it is. Might as well go full force with it. So, I feel like tomorrow should be a fedora day.

No comments:

Post a Comment