Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Updating ramble

So, starting my third week of rotations and the only thing I can really say about it is that I hate the hours. And going to bed as early as I do in order to get up in the morning makes me feel like an old woman. But I would much rather be doing this than being stuck studying for the Step like I was a few months ago. So complaining must be kept down to a minimum.

NaNoWriMo is in two months. I think I might have an idea of what I want to do. Not sure if it is going to pan out or not, but we will see. It is an idea that I had for a story quite a long time ago. Probably around '06 or so. I'm not sure if I can make it into a 50k story or not. But we'll see. I haven't been struck with any new ideas anyway. So I might as well use this one.

It's a fantasy story. For some reason, I have been wanting to stay away from fantasy stuff. I had been writing a lot of it for a long time, so I wanted to expand my scope by writing other things. But now that I can't think of anything to novel this year, I have gone right back to my fantasy beginnings. Not sure if that is good thing or bad thing. However, I should probably start plotting some time soon. Not sure when I'm going to have to time for that. This rotation, and it's crazy hours, doesn't end until the middle of next month. Doesn't exactly leave me a whole lot of time to work my storyline out.

The story will involve lots of magic, because for some reason I am just drawn to that kind of thing. And for some reason, I am drawn to writing male characters. I barely write female characters any more. I'm not sure why. Maybe I find it more interesting because I'm not a guy.

Speaking of writing, I tried to hammer out a story recently. I got it about halfway written. I got the idea for this story from reading something totally unrelated the subject matter. There was just a short ramble along the lines of "What if instead, this had happened?". And I thought to myself, "Huh, that would be cool. I think I will write that." I might make it a Daily Write, who knows. I just want to get it finished some time in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment